jeudi 7 novembre 2013

Living With Depression

If you are uncertain about whether you are living with depression or not, here are a few things to look for.
You just don't care
You sleep a lot
You either eat too much or not at all
You may cry for no reason
You're not happy, ever
Mood swings
You ace all over
There are many many more
Living with depression is like living on a roller coaster to me. I am happy one day and down another. I could be happy one minute and unhappy another. Your emotions are all over the grid. If that is not enough I could be talking to someone and tears will start running down my face. There are days I just don't want to get out of bed. If you feel like me, you are most likely depressed. Even though I am on anti depressives, I still go through these bouts of depression if I stop taking or forget my medication for even one day. Being depressed is nothing to laugh at. It is nothing that you did wrong or that someone did to you.
Depression comes from a chemical imbalance that can be caused by many many things, some of which the doctors don't even know. In a case like that they will treat your symptoms of your depression. If they are able to determine a possible cause of the depression, they will still treat the depression but may also treat the underlying cause.
In abling to function day to day, it is important to try and change your life, if even just a small amount. Below are just some of the changes I have made in my life that help.
Diet - Sure everyone says that but it is true. I was and still am over weight. I try everyday to make healthier choices when eating. If you fail at one meal or one day, just try again the next meal or day. Don't get depressed for the failure.
Focus - Focus on the positive, not the negative. There is nothing you can do about something that has already happened. Look ahead and think about the next minutes. Keep you focus on what you are able to do to make the next min, hour or day go better. It is not important what you do, just doing is a big step. Don't let big projects get you down either. Break them down into smaller projects and rejoice over each step completed. You will be surprised how much better you feel.
Exercise - I know another one of those things that every gives as an overall fix for all that ails you. Again I have to say that even if you can get out in the fresh air and walk around your yard, up and down the street or walk around the mall your mood will lift and you will feel better. Any amount of movement and exercise will help you feel better. I know it is difficult at first but it does get better and easier to motivate yourself.
See a Dr., any one will do, see them regularly and take your medication as prescribed. This is not an option this is a must.
I know these are not easy any of them especially when all you want to do is lay there on the couch or in bed. There are days when I just want to give up, even after all these years. If these days
continue to increase see your Dr. right away. Don't wait!
To summarize, it is not easy to live with depression, take it from me, I have been living with it for over 20 years. There are other things you can do to help yourself but it will take work. Try each of the items above one at a time if you need to. Do as many as you can. Push yourself to take the first steps, to care about your mind, body and spirit enough to see a Dr. and get help. Then continue to focus and work toward your next positive goal. Good Luck!


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7359660

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire