vendredi 8 novembre 2013

Get Out of Depression - Ask the Right Questions

With over 135 million people in depression at any one time it is important to understand why so that we can help those caught up in this terrible dis-ease.
As Anthony Robbins says - to be depressed you have to be completely focussed on yourself and all the bad things that are happening to you! This leaves you asking really poor questions about your life and circumstances and it is those questions that hold you in depression.
The tendency of most people when they are depressed is to ask really poor questions; these can include things like:
• Why does this always happen to me?
• What do I do to deserve this?
• What am I doing wrong?
• What's wrong with me?
What sort of answers do these questions bring? That's right, they bring negative ones! Ask yourself one of those questions now and I guarantee you it will be a negative answer. So it's better to ask yourself more positive questions; questions that provide answers that will take you forward and not drag you down!
• What actions can I take to improve my situation?
• Who can help me through this and back to happiness?
• What do I want my future to really look and feel like?
• How do I make my future full of joy and happiness?
• My life is worth more than this, how do I make it special?
Now, what sort of answers do you get to those questions? Different, more positive answers yes? You see with these questions you are pre-supposing that you can improve your situation; that you can be full of joy and happiness and that you can take the actions to get you there.
Here's a quick exercise for you:
What are the 'better' more positive questions you can ask yourself right now? I encourage you to write those questions down right now and start to answer them. Write out 5 positive questions and then write down a couple of sentences for each answer. Then walk away for a while and come back and read your answers; you can then add more to them.
Our minds are predisposed to answer questions, it is how we work. In fact your mind cannot help nut answer a question can it?
I know you will have answered that question straight away if only in your head, you can't help it. Our subconscious mind is set up to answer questions but it doesn't distinguish between negative and positive questions so give it a negative question and you'll get a negative answer and vice versa.
If you come up with answers like "I can't" and "I don't know" then you need to work harder as they are just blocks on your system. Ask yourself what if I could? Or What if I did know? What would your answer be?
Asking yourself positive question is the start to breaking through depression.
To Your Happiness
Graham
Graham Nicholls has been a Life and Personal Development Coach for over 15 years and has gained invaluable knowledge and experience in the area of helping people to improve their lives.
http://prioritycoachingblog.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7257386

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire