samedi 21 septembre 2013

The Truth on How I Fought Clinical Depression

"It takes one to know one", that's what I always say. Depression is one human condition that is still being studied by psychologists and behavioral sociologists that still have no answer to where it all started. Some say that it is sociologically incurred while others say that it is a genetically transferred from one generation to another. Whatever its causes are, it is still a very dark and sometimes fatal condition once it gets hold of the human psyche. The only present form of intervention that keeps this mental condition at bay is psychiatric medication and social interaction.
Depression in the earliest years of obvious manifestations could have been triggered by a number of factors including traumatic experiences, chemical imbalance and genetic causes. The levels of systemic manifestation can range from mild to the most dreaded suicidal tendencies. The onset of the Depression has no pattern whatsoever and the chances of anyone having it are high, though not obvious as it has numerous symptoms that can never be traced to one having it.
Growing up I had experiences of being bullied and harassed but that was not the cause of my anxieties and I didn't have panic attacks until much later during the time that I got married. During the early years of marital life I suddenly felt anxiety attacks prompting me to stay inside my house and not even going outside whatsoever. I started to have paranoiac thoughts and became very suspicious of people around me including my own family. The only people that I allowed to visit me were old friends that I trusted.
There were even times that I would even flare up shouting angrily no mater how irrelevant conversations would not go according to my wishes and I would even be having suicidal tendencies which in the end resulted in me leaving two deep cuts on my wrist. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. Often times my anxieties were fear related without rationality and I would just flee from the house and wander aimlessly on the streets sometimes for days on end.
Escapism was my fallback and I would indulge myself with it regardless of where it takes me. I would often find myself in the company of total strangers despite consequences as I sought refuge in an adventurous manner. I had no sense of time and the only moment that I decided to come home was when my body and mind grew weary and tired. Wandering incoherently and hungry was tiring indeed that it will make one think and dissipate all manner of anxiety.
I never chose to undergo medication or counseling and decided to resolve the issue accordingly to its source, my mind. I tried to find ways of avoiding mistakes that may trigger the onset of depression by engaging in hobbies like music and the arts. Social interaction helped too but I was a bit careful in choosing people that I would talk to. People that have a positive reinforcement are likely to be more help and more supportive than pessimists. The human touch has always been an assuring form of comfort and can stave down the fear of insecurity.
One proven method of giving comfort to someone who has Depression is to talk with them regardless of the topic just as long its on the positive sides of things. It would even help root out the cause of anxiety if you tried hard enough to earn their trust. Relational interaction would help in a big way, though some levels of clinical depression can last for a lifetime it is advised to always be there for them when the need for comforting arises. In some clinical cases where family and friends fail to recognize such needs is where the fatal side of Depression takes its toll.
Loneliness and solitude must never get the best of the situation because it is during these times that a person's vulnerability to bad negative thoughts arises. Friends and families of manic depressives need to face the facts that if the state of depression in a loved one seems to be permanent, it is put on their caring responsibility to assure that person that they will be with that person until the end of the journey.
Life is so tragic but most of the time absurd despite social struggles of morality and acceptance and it is this sort of social mind setting that tries to separate the logical from the acceptable, the truth from the acceptable truth and social idealism from the negative byproducts of a society that struggles within it. The obvious truth of the matter is, Depression, regardless of how we perceive it to be, is clinically proven to be caused by stress. As years go by I have made certain acceptable conclusions that can be considered in relating positively to Depression.
Depression is just a mindset, however we look at it, it is just a reaction on how we look or accept certain foreseen or unwanted situations that life humorously gives to us on a daily basis. The acceptance of the reality of things and abandoning social idealism on a level of personal opinion can be helpful if not therapeutic. To help someone with obvious signs of depression can be done accordingly with this manner, as not to further mental deterioration due to stress caused by worrying that leads to the figurative "mental burnout'.
To care for someone in a situation like this is the first crucial step in helping people with Depression before it takes its toll. Despite advances in psychiatric medicine, one cannot rule out human interaction and caring as it can change things for the better or if neglected, change things for the worse.
It is a clinically Proven fact that Natural Organic Health Supplements can have a very positive effect in helping people with psychological problems in this case without the adverse effects of chemically induced synthetic medications that can more or less aggressively influence the effect on their medication. Stress is lessen more if Natural Organic Supplements are used in augmenting their regimen therefore reducing the psychological downside effect.
Improved mental responses were clearly confirmed with cases involving stress related depression and as a result need for increase in psycho therapy drugs were lessen. It is emphasized that social interaction and understanding on part of people directly or indirectly involved in cases such as these take further assurance to people who are unwell that love and caring should be the utmost importance only secondary to medication.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7879277

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire